Teens Prefer Snorting Condoms To Eating Tide Pods

Georgia Reed
April 3, 2018

The "Snorting Condom Challenge" has teens placing unwrapped condoms up their nostrils and inhaling them until the condom comes out of their mouth. What could go wrong?

The "condom snorting challenge" is exactly what it sounds like: Teens are taking to the internet to post videos of themselves snorting a condom up one nostril and inhaling until it - hopefully - re-emerges into the mouth.

"These days our teens are doing everything for likes, views and subscribers", Enriquez said. It's called, of course, the condom challenge. Not to mention the possible choking hazard involved in condom inhalation, Inquisitr notes.

On the heels of the Tide Pod challenge comes a very risky new craze on social media: the condom-snorting challenge. As Kens5 puts it, "There is a fine line between bravery and stupidity, but the line isn't so fine when people snort condoms".

Stephen Colbert 'apologizes' to Trump, calls out CNN for 'lies'
Stephen Colbert finally found something to agree with President Trump about. Colbert joked that President Trump was right about his criticisms of CNN .

It wrote: "Newest teen challenge: Snorting condoms then pulling them out of their mouths (Fad dates back several years but recently gone viral again) #whatever".

For some, yes. That's why health experts are warning parents about such social media challenges.

The Condom Challenge isn't new, but a resurgence of a past trend. YouTube has since removed that video, but a summary from The Young Turks can be viewed below. That stunt, dubbed "The Tide Pod Challenge", resulted in poison centers reporting 142 incidents just in January, according to the American Association of Poison Control Centers (AAPCC). However, it's gained much more popularity in recent years after YouTuber Savannah Strong uploaded a new video of the challenge in 2013, spawning a number of imitations that have proliferated on YouTube and social media platforms since. Most of the 152 incidents involving condoms - 107 cases, to be exact - were related to ingestion, according to the statistics.

Other reports by

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER