Ant McPartlin will be absent from Saturday Night Takeaway

Kelvin Reese
March 24, 2018

Ant, 42, was arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following a three-car collision in South West London on Sunday afternoon.

Ant And Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway was nominated for the best entertainment programme, which it won past year, while their show I'm A Celeb was up for the Entertainment Performance Award.

McPartlin's publicist confirmed the troubled star has chose to "go back into treatment and step down from his current TV commitments".

"He's spoken with Dec and ITV and asked for time off for the foreseeable future".

Declan Donnelly will present Saturday Night Takeaway solo when the show returns on 31st March.

This weekend's episode of Saturday Night Takeaway has been cancelled however the last two episodes are expected to go ahead without Ant.

'We made a promise to take hundreds of deserving winners to Florida to watch the series finale, and we will honour that.

He signed the tweet off by adding: "Dec x".

International Sanctions On Iran Will Effect Nuclear Deal
European Union foreign ministers are to discuss the proposal for new sanctions at a closed-door meeting on March 19 in Brussels. Senior Iranian officials have repeatedly said their missile programme is not up for negotiation.

Declan Donnelly has borken his silence following Ant's arrest earlier this week, and has cofirmed the last two shows of Saturday Night Takeaway will continue as they "owe it to the audience to complete the series".

Speculation had been rife this week as to whether Dec would have a replacement join him on the show, as fans began rooting for Stephen Mulhern to fill Ant's shoes. Such admiration for you Dec not easy for you I'm sure, ' one follower commented, whilst another wrote: 'Tough decision but the right one I think.

The star has had a hard year after spending two months in a rehabilitation facility for an addiction to prescription painkillers last summer, following a botched knee operation. Throughout this year's series, viewers and audience members have been able to win tickets to Florida by completing freaky tasks or by being picked out by the show's hosts.

And in today's Ant & Dec news, we bring you this.

.

Troubled Ant is going back into rehab and will be off the telly indefinitely after his arrest.

According to the Sun, Ant will now be spending months in a long-term rehab programme and will likely be away from television for the rest of the year, including his roles on Britain's Got Talent and I'm A Celebrity.

"[Dec is] devastated for his mate - he is anxious that the Ant and Dec brand is being irreparably damaged - it's the second time round".

He said: "He's not looked right for a while, I've been concerned about him, but a lot of other people are affected by this - the show has to go on". "He's a very successful guy in his own right as well".

Other reports by

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER