'Black Panther' Has $22.7 Million Opening Day in China

Kelvin Reese
March 10, 2018

Black Panther is already breaking all sorts of box office records and is set to become Marvel's most successful movie, which is insane.

Marvel Studios boss Kevin Feige made it official when he was interviewed by "Entertainment Weekly".

"Anchor point is a good way of [describing] it, particularly as some of our other anchor points, Asgard for instance, are gone", Feige said.

The Black Panther peers at one of his victims. photo via Marvel Studios.

"Black Panther" earned an estimated $22.7 million its first day of release in China. Although he wouldn't reveal any specific details, he did say that Marvel has "ideas and a pretty solid direction" on where they want to take the second movie.

Windy day around Lake Tahoe Thursday, rain expected over the weekend
A 40 percent chance of rain and snow is in the forecast for Tuesday during the day, increasing to a 60 percent chance at night. Between a quarter and a tenth of an inch of rain is possible Saturday night , according to the weather service.

Feige has the manner of someone who just placed a rather large bet and won; Black Panther had a larger budget than comparable Marvel films and Wakanda itself will be one of the major locations of the upcoming Infinity War.

As for where the sequel could go, we don't know how things will change post-Infinity War. Black Panther shattered those initial projections by almost doubling them.

As of this week, Black Panther has grossed more than half a billion dollars at the domestic box office, and it's nearing the billion-dollar mark worldwide.

Over the last decade, China has become one of the most important film markets in the world: nearly as important as the United States is, and only becoming more crucial every year. "Black Panther" is currently playing in theaters now. Although his job is to find "a balance between leaving people wanting more and then giving them too much", it's hard to deny the appeal of some Black Panther spin-offs. While I'm excited to see what fresh new voices they plan to bring into the fold, here's hoping that will also include more from both Ryan Coogler and Thor: Ragnarok director Taika Waititi as well. Okoye, I think I'd watch three action films just Okoye. When Marvel offered to send him some Black Panther comic books for background material, he told them, "You don't have to, because I already own them". "If you do that, audiences will notice it, and appreciate it, and support it".

Other reports by

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER