Man United Now Reportedly Targeting Barcelona Midfielder Sergi Roberto

Lawrence Cooper
August 8, 2017

Mundo Deportivo reported that United have made a bid for the Spain global, while sources told ESPN FC last month that he was also a Chelsea target.

The paper had previously reported the youth graduate of La Masia's release clause is €40m - although this has not been confirmed - while Barca have no desire to negotiate.

Man United and Chelsea are considering making moves for Barcelona midfielder Sergi Roberto.

His finest moment in a Barca shirt came when he scored the winning goal against PSG in last season's unbelievable Champions League comeback win, netting with the final kick of the game as Barcelona won 6-1 to go through 6-5 on aggregate in the last 16.

United are said to be rivaling Chelsea for the Spaniard's signature as they look to add the finishing touches to their squad ahead of the start of the new Premier League season.

Ivanka and Jared, move back to NY
He'll again organize the signatures rallies that drove Trump's campaign and have continued in his presidency. Along the way, there are scores of opportunities for the classified documents to "jump the gap".

Monaco are also interested in signing Sergi Roberto, according to Don Balon.

The 25-year-old Barca academy product became an important member of the first-team squad last season and clocked up 47 appearances across all competitions.

United is not alone in showing interest in the Spaniard, as fellow Premier League side Chelsea has inquired about Sergi Roberto, although the London-based club has not made a formal offer.

Today, Man Utd have made their move for Sergi Roberto....

That transfer was possible because of the buyout clause in Neymar's contract and United and Chelsea, like PSG, would avoid having to negotiate with Barca if they paid Roberto's €40 million release clause.

Other reports by

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER